Sunday, June 1, 2014

I am African!

As I lay here in bed I cannot believe everything that I have learned. I lay here and reflect. I have obtained so much wisdom from everyone around. I have learned that I am African. I have African brothers that protect me and will not let me fall and give me some great advice about life. I've learned about the atrocities that slaves went through. I've walked through the dungeons and smelled and seen the horrors that slaves experienced. I stood in the female dungeon and heard the cries for help and felt the fear that these women went through. I've learned that although whipped and chained their determination and strength could not be stripped from them. Now that I know, I cannot keep my voice oppressed. Now that I know, its my responsibility to tell you the truth. No one can stop me because I too am African and my ancestors do not want revenge but justice.
The view of the top of the Cape Coast Castle where slaves were
shipped to be sold.

No comments:

Post a Comment