Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Love??

As I rode the train today, I thought about love.  I sat their thinking will I ever find the one? Now, I know this may sound cheesy but I am pretty sure that a lot of single ladies and gentlemen think about love and finding the right one. We have all watched romantic movies where at the end love always perseveres and the couple lives happily ever after. No one want to be alone forever. Now, as I dreamed about my prince charming I came to a realization. I came to the realization that I wasn't sure what love was? I began to think and think and I just couldn't come up with a clear definition. Then I remembered my media classes and began to draw a conclusion. My definition/idea of love is what I have seen in media. Media has created this image in my head of what love should look like and feel like. I like to think that I am smart enough to not let media influence my thoughts because I am a communication student but I realized that like many people in America and around the world I have fallen victim of media. Media makes love seem like a wonderful experience where a man and woman go through hardships but at the end love conquers all. I don't know if it's true because I don't know if I ever have been in love but I think that love is more complex than that. Now, you may be asking yourself why is she writing about love and media? As I sat there in the train, I couldn't help but think to myself if anybody knew the real definition of love? How do you determine if you are in love? Is love a physical attraction, emotional, or both? Media has created this image of love in our heads that is impossible for most people to come up with their own definition of love. I guess my question is what is love and will we ever know a true definition of it? Or like my proffesor said " How do we know that it is real?"

No comments:

Post a Comment