Sunday, February 23, 2014

Bubble!

        My parents have always been over protective of me. So overprotective that going out was almost impossible. Now, that I am 21 my parents are starting to realize that I am growing up but still they worry about letting me out to clubs. They always lecture me about how "this is how bad things happen." They are the traditional hispanic parents.  Asking my parents to go out with my friends becomes a three weeks in advance thing. I know sounds awful. I have to prepare them in advance which is a pain in the ass.  I have to go up to my dad and say " Hey Papi, would it be ok, do you think, can I pleeeease go out." Until, he gets so annoyed by me that he finally agrees and says yes.  This past Friday was the first day that I actually got to go out beyond my curfew. Yes! I have a curfew. I know again awful. Yes you might be thinking to yourselves whoa Jacky aren't you an adult. The answer is yes but my parents have rules that I have learned to follow. It is because I follow those rules that I have their trust. I guess what I am trying to get at is that yes parents can be a pain in your ass and yes parents sometimes are strict like mine (if they could keep me in a bubble i am sure they would) but at the end of the day they do it because they love you. So if they trust you enough to let you go out and have fun prove to them that you are responsible and that you don't need to be in a bubble.

No comments:

Post a Comment